We provide death and disability planning for moderately wealthy individuals and families, serving U.S. citizens, foreign nationals, and international clients.
We welcome families in transition, especially adults helping their parents or other relatives.
Services include the writing of wills, trusts, and ancillary documents, and the coordination of gifts, beneficiary designations, and account agreements.
- Business powers of attorney
- Medical powers of attorney
- Directives to physicians (“living wills”)
- HIPAA authorizations
- Declaration of guardian
- Declaration of guardian for children
- Simple wills
- Complex wills
- Revocable inter vivos trusts (“living trusts”)
- Gift trusts
Our team works closely with clients’ other financial professionals, including investment advisors, insurance agents, CPAs, bankers, and trust officers.
As an advocate for our clients, we go to probate court and help administer decedent’s estates. We represent clients who need letters testamentary or letters of administration and coordinate administration of the probate estate with will substitutes such as beneficiary designations, survivorship agreements, and living trusts. When a testamentary trust is a beneficiary, we prepare distribution agreements and funding memorandums and assist with trust funding.
- Wills and letters testamentary
- Intestacy, heirship and letters of administration
- Family settlement agreements
- Collection of IRAs and other non-probate assets
- Administration of living trusts following death
- Funding of testamentary trusts
We explain trust instruments to trustees and beneficiaries, help them understand their powers, rights, and responsibilities, and support other financial professionals with trust administration. When plans or needs change, we help amend or modify trusts.
- Trust interpretation
- Investment, insurance, distribution, and reporting plans
- Annual reports
- Distribution request analysis
- Trustee resignation and succession
- Trust amendments and modifications
- Trust terminations
Immigration and Citizenship
We provide expert immigration advice and representation in select U.S. immigration and citizenship matters.
- Citizenship and naturalization applications, and passport matters
- Family petitions
- Adjustment of status “green card” applications
- Consular visa applications
- I-140 Petitions for foreign workers
- Immigrant self-petitions for persons with extraordinary ability
- National Interest Waivers
- “H-1B” status for professionals
- Treaty Investor “E” visas
- “O” status for persons with extraordinary ability
- “TN” visas for professionals from Canada and Mexico
We welcome clients from Houston and surrounding areas, as well as nationwide, and from abroad.